Monday, November 08, 2004

Mechanical Advantage

I believe that positions of mechanical advantage, or in other words, the "right way of doing according to the Alexander Technique", are not always advantageous.

"Don´t you see that if you get perfection today, you will be further away from perfection than you have ever been."
F. M. Alexander, Teaching Aphorisms

One should be able to carry normal activities under varying conditions, not only "ideal" conditions.

On the other hand, positions of mechanical dis-advantage provide a strong stimulus to coordinate oneself.


2 comments:

Julio Maidanik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julio Maidanik said...

You asked why I wiped your comment?
Because you have misunderstood my post, and I won't try to convince you.

So, considering that it could mislead other visitors of this blog, I had no choice.